The Hioki IR3455 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester offers five pre-set test voltage levels at 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V and 5000V or specific programmable test voltages can be chosen between 250V to 5000V. To help find breakdown voltages a step test function is also available. The tester also performs two other important tests the ‘Polarization Index’ test (commonly known as the PI test) and ‘Dielectric Absorption Ration’ test (commonly known as the DAR test).
- Test insulation resistance at voltages to up 5kV
- Five pre-set test voltage levels at 205V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V and 5000V.
- Selectable test voltages in 25 V steps from 250 V to 1000 V, and 100 V steps above 1000 V
- Resistance measurements up to 10TΩ
- Bar graph display up to 1TΩ
- Ramp function for breakdown testing
- Timer settings up to 30 minutes for timed tests
- leakage current measurement from 1.00nA to 1.20mA
- Automatic calculation of Dielectric Absorption (DAR) and Polarization Index (PI) with no additional setup
- Guard system eliminates the effect of surface leakage current on high-resistance measurements
- Warning function alerts the user that line voltage is present and gives the voltage reading up to 1000V DC or 750V AC for increased user safety
- Measurements can be stored in up to 100 memory locations.
- Large digital/analogue LCD for easy viewing
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V safety rating
- 3-year warranty