Metrahit PM Prime
The Metrahit PM PRIME is our choice if you are looking for superior accuracy an extensive feature list plus data logging functions from your multimeter.
- Large high contrast triple digital display
- 21 measurement/test functions
- Integral memory for data logging storage of up to 300,000 measured values
- 0.02% Basic accuracy for DC volts
- 0.2% Basic accuracy for AC volts
- Voltage Range up to 600V AC/DC and resolution down to 10µV
- Current Range up to 16A AC/DC and resolution down to 0.01µA
- True RMS AC & AC+DC measurements at up to 100 kHz bandwidth
- 300,000 count resolution
- 0 to 600V AC/DC 10µV resolution
- 0 to 16A AC/DC down to 0.01µA resolution
- Low pass filter Vac 1kHz - Testing frequency converters
- Resistance measurement 1mΩ – 30MΩ
- Capacitance measurement from 1pF to 3000µF
- Continuity & diode test with acoustic signal
- Temperature measurement via Type K TC’s
- Temperature measurement via pt100/1000 temperature probes
- Frequency measurement 0.001Hz to 300kHz
- 5V square-wave measurement from 300Hz to 1MHz
- Duty cycle displayed as % positive signal
- Min/Max and display value storage
- High contrast light-blue illuminated display
- Auto power off plus battery level indicator
- Protective rubber holster with integral stand and panel hook
- Complies with EN61010 safety standard
- CAT IV 600V /CAT III 1000V
The first thing you notice about the Metrahit PM PRIME True RMS AC/DC Multimeter is its large high contrast triple digital display, this special display not only allows you to view the measured variable under test but also the min and max measured readings during the measurement period, it’s a very useful function for monitoring the stability of the measured variable over time.
The Metrahit PM PRIME True RMS AC/DC Multimeter with Data Logging Facility and the highest basic accuracy of the Metrahit range it features 4 voltage measurement functions, this includes AC, DC and AC/DC as well as a ‘Low Pass Filter’. The separate AC, DC and AC/DC functions are important if you need to separate the AC/DC component for example when testing for AC ripple voltages in UPS DC battery charging systems. During AC voltage and frequency measurements a 1 kHz low-pass filter can be selected in order to filter out high frequency pulses of greater than 1 kHz, for example when performing measurements at pulsed motor drives, i.e. undesired voltages of greater than 1 kHz can be suppressed.
The Metrahit PM PRIME True RMS AC/DC Multimeter with Data Logging Facility also offers its unique ‘Auto Current Range’ with current measurements automatically switching between 6 current measurements ranges giving you AC/DC current measurements from 0.01μA to a max reading of 16A, all possible without the need to change a range selector switch or move the test leads. The instrument can be used continuously up to 10A and then up to 12A for 5 minutes with a warning bleep and then up to 16A for 30 seconds with a continuous warning bleep. A single fuse protects the instrument and user, eliminating unnecessary blown fuses in the low current ranges! The Metrahit PM PRIME Auto-ranging feature is active as soon as the instrument is switched on, the instrument automatically selects the measuring range which allows for the highest possible resolution of the applied quantity.
The Metrahit PM PRIME True RMS AC/DC Multimeter with Data Logging Facility allows for the recording and storage of 300,000 measured values recorded against real time to its integral memory. With the aid of the optional USB X-TRA Interface Adapter and METRAwin 10 Software you can download this recorded data to a PC/Laptop for evaluation and documentation.
The Metrahit PM PRIME True RMS AC/DC Multimeter with Data Logging Facility also comes complete with the Metrahit ‘Automatic Blocking System’ this safety system prevents incorrect connection of the test leads to the multimeter once the function has been selected or incorrect function selection when the leads are connected to the meter! This system prevents unnecessary blown fuses, significantly reduces the potential danger to the user, instrument and system under test.
The Metrahit PM PRIME also offers a robust protective rubber holster with integral stand and panel hook and the extra strong case offers a separate well sealed battery and fuse compartment.
- Metrahit PM PRIME (Model number M248A)
- Metrahit Standard Lead Set,
- 2 x AA batteries,
- Protective rubber holster with integral stand and panel hook.
- Short form operating instructions,
- CDROM with full instructions
- Free Manufacturers Calibration Certificate
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty