The Fluke 1555 10kV Insulation Resistance Tester offers six pre-set test voltage levels at 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5kV & 10kV or specific programmable test voltages can be chosen between 250V to 10kV. To help find breakdown voltages a ramp test function is also available here the voltage ramps up 100V per second until it reaches a specific voltage or until a sudden drop in measure resistance is detected and stored to memory. The tester also performs two other important tests the ‘Polarization Index’ test (commonly known as the PI test) and ‘Dielectric Absorption Ration’ test (commonly known as the DAR test).
- Test insulation resistance at voltages to up 10kV
- Five pre-set test voltage levels at 205V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5kV & 10kV.
- Selectable test voltages in 50 V steps from 250 V to 1000 V, and 100 V steps above 1000 V
- Resistance measurements up to 2TΩ
- Bar graph display up to 2TΩ
- Ramp function for breakdown testing
- Timer settings up to 99 minutes for timed tests
- Capacitance and leakage current measurement
- Automatic calculation of Dielectric Absorption (DAR) and Polarization Index (PI) with no additional setup
- Guard system eliminates the effect of surface leakage current on high-resistance measurements
- Warning function alerts the user that line voltage is present and gives the voltage reading up to 600 V AC or DC for increased user safety
- Measurements can be stored in up to 99 memory locations, with each location assigned a unique, user defined, label for easy recall
- Large digital/analogue LCD for easy viewing
- Long battery life gives the user over 750 tests between charges